Monday, July 09, 2007

Hotfolk

Well I made it to VA, after having to stop 100 miles into my trip to escape cloud-to- ground lightening, taking a 200+ mile unplanned detour in New York that turned my two day trip into three days, and all the while hauling a cat that can't be sedated because of a heart condition.

I am going to look at an apartment tomorrow, I am supposed to have at least one interview this week. I am still waiting on job news from my Norfolk interview. I am pretty exhausted, but glad to be here. Thanks to P for putting me up last night on short notice.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

am so glad you made it there safe and sound. I wish I would have paid more attention, you could have crashed with us here. I bet you went 95 and if you did you were only about 10 min from our house!

Good luck this week with the apartment and job hunting.

Does it feel a little unreal to know you are actually in Norfolk for good and not just wishing for it.

Rachel Rae said...

yes, very weird, and very hot. I will be glad when gs gets here. we spend so much time together living in the middle of nowhere that it is strange to be away from him even for a week.